If you are looking for ideas for an airplane party, these gorgeous airmail biscuits are just the thing. They are super simple to make and will take your dessert table from amateur to divine in one simple, no-bake swoop!
You can also check out our earlier blog post for more tips and ideas for a kid's airplane party!
This recipe makes 10 so scale up or down as your guest list requires.
- 1 packet Arnotts Nice biscuits (or similar)
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 250g cream cheese
- Vintage Airplane printables
- Coloured twine
These biscuits should be made no more than 1 hour before serving. So to ensure you enjoy the party, follow this time line.
In the week prior to the party-
Cut out printables and punch a small hole in one corner (I printed at 60% to ensure that the tags were in proportion to the biscuits).
Cut 10 lengths of twine
Morning of the party-
Combine icing sugar and cream cheese in a food processor and slice strawberries thinly. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
1 hour before serving-
1. Working quickly, spread a thick layer of your cream cheese and sugar mix on half the biscuits
2. Using a clean butter knife, square off the edges of the cream cheese so that you have a sharp line
3. Layer with strawberry slices and place another biscuit on top.
4. Finally, tie with a length of twine and attach a printable square.
We've got heaps more great ideas for a gorgeous airplane dessert table. And if you'd like to find out where you can get these printable for free plus get the step by step guide to creating this dessert table for under $100, grab our free downloadable guide.